Everything is in flux is Rule #1. That's why this is in a wiki-type format. I haven't completely settled on a presentation style, so there may even be changes in that as we move forward. (And that was a stylistic 'we', meaning just 'I', because I'm not sharing the building duties with anyone right now. Or probably ever.)
Changes will happen slowly because I'm balancing a lot. I expect this project to take me years. Check back every month or so and you'll probably be fine.
Most articles will be about the languages themselves. Articles prefixed with World are about the underlying world where the languages are spoken. Articles prefixed with Meta are explaining concepts that may be unclear.
- Ancient Kartara (language)
- World:Aldeemah Imperial Library (fictional place)
- Meta:English Romanization (explanation)
- Ancient Kartara, a fusional AVP/SV (SVO) language with multiple plural forms, some formal forms, and animate gender.
- Meta:Terminology - a brief-ish explanation of the terms used throughout the wiki.
- Zompist: The Language Construction Kit - a web-based guide to starting conlangs. Also available in print.
- The Art of Language Invention by David J. Peterson, creator of the languages on Game of Thrones and many more.
- Artifexian - a YouTube creator from Ireland documenting his world-building, including conlanging.
- David J. Peterson's YouTube channel, where he talks to the camera about language creation.
Suggested Fonts for Viewing
Noto Sans and Charis SIL are loaded by your browser as webfonts, but they will look better if installed natively on your computer. If you have Doulos SIL but not Charis SIL on your computer, that will override the latter webfont, too.